The Veils
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Veils

Historical and Fantasy Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Histoical RP rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Histoical RP rules Empty
PostSubject: Histoical RP rules   Histoical RP rules Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:27 am

Historical RP can be the most fun style of RP possible (or atleast I think so) however, here the rules are rather strict. Please try to comply with them for smooth RPing.

Time line is to be adhered to. The line starts as early as you like, though it's advised to keep it after the rise of the Egyptian Empire, but stops dead on the mark of 1782 after the American Colonies become the United States. Time travel is a big no no. You need to try and keep within fifty years of your characters period. In other words, a British Musketeer unit can not go to Ancient Rome and massacre half the Roman army even if it would be amusing to see

No historical figure may be a PC, but they may be NPCed for short durations. For example Liani can not list Martha Washington as a main character, but her character could be at a ball and speak with Marsha.

Religion is fine, but keep a watch on it. I know half the wars fought had something to do with religion, but that is no excuse for continuous slander of a religion. Crusaders may call the Muslims heartens, and the Muslims may call the Crusaders infidels, but keep it in check! This line is very fine and can be crossed very easily. If in doubt, keep quiet. If a player asks/tells you to chill because they actually belong to said religion...excuse my lack of professionalism, shut the bloody hell up right then! If you continue it will be considered harassment.

I don't care if prostitution was legal during the majority of history. Now it's illegal. KEEP IT OUT OF THIS FORUM PERIOD (this includes sexual slavery, prostitution, the rare occasion of a Geisha, concubinage, harems and courtesans)

Racism is another very fine line that is easily crossed. Mentioning of certain words, which if you are here it is assumed you know what they are, will not be allowed. Dislike of a race is fine, and unfortunately several decades are included where slavery was legal throughout the world. It is expected that if you are, for example, a plantation owner in the Carolina or Virgina you are one of the little heard owners who are kind to the slaves and treat them more like family rather than animals. Again, be careful with this...it's dangerous.

For those characters where they are armed with firearms, know that they were notoriously inaccurate after around 10 yards, 20 yards it was skill and knowing your piece if you hit your mark, 30 yards you were on a prayer, 40 or more....forget it unless you're firing at a huge line. For now, it is not permitted to use fire arms (believe me, that hurts like hell to say). The admins are working on a way to reverse this so that they may be used, once they are it will be adjusted for such Smile

While time travel is not allowed, historical characters are permitted in to the Inner Veil, and their technology may go with them.
The only gateways are in Europe and in the Middle East.

London
Paris
Berlin
Constantinople
Alexandria (Egypt)
Jerusalem
Back to top Go down
https://veils.rpg-board.net

Histoical RP rules
Page 1 of 1